Choosing tiles for your bathroom can be a little daunting especially when you have no idea on what type of tile to choose and what colour. From glass tiles to natural stones, there’s definitely a tile that will fit your personal taste so we’ve put together a few tips to help make the process of selecting your tiles easier.
Firstly, look at the style of your home, the colours in your bathroom and also take into account your personal style as this is important when it comes to choosing the finish and the colours of the tiles you’d like in your bathroom.
There is a variety of tile finishes that are perfect for the bathroom:
- Mosaic tiles can create some really stunning features in a bathroom. There are a wide variety of colour and finishes and can certainly create a wow factor for this space
- Ceramic tile technology has come a long way in the last 10 years. The can have textured finishes amazing patterns and create looks that will delight the senses. At Europica we can share with you ranges that are perfectly suited for your bathroom, ideal for damp conditions and are easy to clean and install.
- Stone tiles are great if you are after a more neutral look as they give a natural look to your bathroom and have organic patterns. Pebble and rock tiles are also great for offering a unique and textural touch to your bathroom.
- Porcelain tiles are perfect for bathroom spaces as they aren’t very absorbent. They feature a dense, hard surface and although they can be more expensive, they’re definitely worth the investment.
Choosing tile colours for your bathroom can sometimes be difficult as you want colours that are going to coincide with the rest of your house but are also going to make your bathroom space look effective.
- If you’re working with a small space in your bathroom, add light coloured tiles like neutrals or soft tones as these will make the space feel a lot bigger. Also consider tile size and larger tiles as this will also give a feeling of space.
- If you have a larger bathroom, you have plenty more options to work with to make your bathroom look stunning. You can get away with selecting darker coloured tiles i.e. blacks, charcoals, the selection is vast.
It’s always a good idea to do research for different designs of bathrooms that you can take to a tile store as they’ll be able to help you find exactly what you’re looking for. Houzz is a great website to start with.